Setup Outlook Express
Welcome to your USS Pennsylvania Email Account,
Folks, I am going to keep this simple and it probably don't apply to any of you but I have to say it. There is only ONE rule, NO SPAM. Anyone caught sending unsolicited mail to numerous people will have the account closed, no and's, if,s or but's about it, your done. If you don't know what SPAM is you are lucky. SPAM is unsolicited mail that is sent to you or sent by you. So the rule is NO SPAMMING.
I would recommend that when you give your email address to another site that you use an address such as SO&SO@HOTMAIL.com or SO&SO@GO.com or some other free email account or use your regular address. It is OK to give your Pennsy address but you will run the risk of getting junk mail at that address as well.
This Account is yours for as long as you want it and use it. If you find that you are not using it, I would appreciate a note saying that I can reissue the account under a different name, there is a limited number of accounts available and if you are not going to use it then I would like to offer it to someone else.
The usspennsylvania.org email account is FREE. However, please keep in mind that the USSPENNSYLVANIA web site costs money to maintain. There are monthly server costs and domain registration fees that will always be due. If you can afford, a one time, small contribution of $10 that would go a long way to seeing that the site is always up to date and present on the World Wide Web. This is NOT required. If you have made a purchase of a product you have already done your part in keeping this web site operating, and I thank you very much.
Enjoy the account and welcome to the Pennsy Family.........
Mail Checks to:
Ken Munro - BB-38 Web
40641 Alondra Dr.
Murrieta, Ca. 92562-5869
Thanks for your support !!!!!!!
of people use Outlook Express for the all-important task of sending and
receiving e-mail, but it's a good bet that not even half of them take
advantage of its full functionality. I have put Outlook Express through
its paces for years now, and here are a few tips we'd like to share with
you that will make you an Express power user before you know it.
1. Click the Tools
10. After you complete this you can change information in the account by doing steps 1 and 2 and clicking on the new account and selecting properties:
You can then type in a different name that will appear on your account list.
Hope this helps.........
If you want to add a new e-mail account, repeat this process with your other account information.
YOUR NAME WITH SIGNATURES
Creating a signature in Outlook Express 5 is easy.
1. Click on the Tools menu and select Options.
2. Click the Signatures tab and select the New button to create a new signature.
3. In the Edit Signature box on the bottom, type in the message and contact information that you want to include in your outgoing mail. Typical signatures consist of:
4. When you're satisfied with your signature's appearance, click the Apply button on the bottom to activate the signature. You may want to rename the signature, instead of accepting the default name "Signature#1." Do this by clicking the Rename button in the Signatures field. If you have multiple accounts set up, you'll definitely want to do this so that you don't have to guess which signature to include.
Other options include the ability to automatically attach your signature to all outgoing messages. Click the checkbox at the top of the window to do this. It may not make sense to do this, however, because if you're e-mailing a close friend, he or she will already have that information, and it will be just wasted bits and bytes. Plus, attaching a signature often creates a feeling of formality, and that's usually unnecessary with close acquaintances.
5. You can also click the Advanced tab at the bottom to choose which e-mail and newsgroup accounts to which you want to assign your signature. Finally, if you have your signature stored in a text or HTML file, click the File radio button at the bottom and browse your desktop to locate and insert it into your file.
6. Now, when you're finished typing a message, go to the Insert menu and select Signature. If you only have signature set up, it will be entered by default. If you have multiple signatures, however, you can choose which to include. Just be sure to name them accurately.
A NEW IDENTITY
1. Click the File
Message Rules are an invaluable feature of Outlook Express. Basically, rules are filters you configure that take action on an incoming message based on conditions you set.
For example, if you are plagued by spam, you may want to set up a message rule that will take any message with the word "free" in the subject and move it to the Deleted Items folder, so that you won't have to deal with it. It's not a perfect way to combat spam, but it helps.
To set up message rules, highlight Tools > Message Rules > Mail on the menu bar. This will bring up the New Mail Rule window. Setting up a message rule is a four-step process:
the conditions for your rule:
the actions for your rule:
4. Name of the
Any questions feel free to Email ME
The webmaster reserves the right to cancel and/or charge for the use of usspennsylvania.org email address at any time and for any reason. If email sent by any user is offensive and or objectionable to any other person and that person files a complaint at the following address: Email MEthen the offending account will be terminated and any fees will not be refunded. The webmaster will notify the offender and allow him or her to respond to the complaint but the Webmaster will make the final decision.